Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Instant Pot Buffalo Wings

I got a new Instant Pot for Christmas from my sons.  If you don't know what one is, it is an electronic pressure cooker.  I'm just getting the hang of using it.

Since we had a MAJOR snowstorm here in NJ yesterday, (we got almost 2 feet of snow!,) and my guys were outside all day clearing out snow from the neighborhood, I decided to try to make
Buffalo Wings in my Instant Pot!

I think they came out GREAT!

************************************
I had made the DELICIOUS Honey Bourbon BBQ Wings from The Kitchen Whisperer a few weeks ago, (they were GREAT! you have to try them too!!) so I wanted to see if I could make Buffalo Wings in the Instant Pot too!  After searching Instagram, I didn't find any that looked interesting (or easy!) so I decided to "Wing it" on my own!!

First I marinated the wings in the sauce I made up for about 4 hours
Then I added them to my Instant Pot, turned the manual setting to 10 minutes, and let them cook!

Here is how they looked after cooking.

I then removed them and put them on a non-stick foil lined baking sheet, 
and put them under the broiler, for 5 minutes on each side.
* I also turned the Instant Pot up to Saute' and let the sauce reduce for about 10 mins, adding 2 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons of water - at the end.

Next, I dunked each one in the thickened sauce, and flipped them over on the tray, then back under the broiler for 5 more minutes and......

BAM!! - They were a HIT!

Here is the recipe  - Let me know if you try them.  
I think I will be making them again for Super Bowl Sunday!!
ENJOY!

Ingredients
·         4 lbs wings
·         1 1/2 cups Hot Sauce ( I used Frank's)
·         3/4 cup water
·         1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
·         2 Tbl Worcestershire
·         2 tsp smoked paprika
·         1 tsp chipotle or cayenne * Less for less hot!
·         2 Tbl sugar (white or brown)
·         2 Tbl honey
·         3 Tbls Ketchup
·         1 tsp salt
·         1/2 tsp black pepper
·         3 tsp Garlic Powder
Instructions
1.     In a bowl big enough to fit the sauce and wings, whisk together all ingredients until combined
2.     Pat dry the wings, and add to bowl.
3.     Let wings marinate @ 4hrs.
4.     Add the wings and sauce to the Instapot Pressure Cooker
5.     Lock the lid down and set it to High pressure, 10 minutes.
6.     When the 10 minutes is up do a quick release.
7.     While the quick release is relieving pressure, place the oven rack in the middle. and line a rimmed pan with non-stick foil.
8.     Gently remove the wings from the pressure cooker with tongs and place on pan. I had about 40 wings.
9.     Set the pressure cooker to Saute'.
10.  Place the wings in the oven and broil for 5 minutes each side.
11.  While the wings are in the oven stir the sauce until thickened ~10 minutes, adding 2 Tbls of Cornstarch mixed with a little water to help thicken.  Remove from Instapot, and put in a deep bowl.
12.  Remove the pan from the oven and dunk each wing in the sauce, and turn them over, when putting them back on the pan.
13.  Return to the broiler for 5 minutes until they are charred and crisp.
14.  Serve with your favorite dressing and the extra sauce.

10 comments:

  1. Sherri,
    I made these tonight, it was last minute so I didn't marinade. But they turned out fantastic. They were the best wings I have ever made. Thanks so much for posting your recipe! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! You are most welcome and thanks so much for the comment! I am so glad you enjoyed them!

      Delete
  2. I am making these right now! Can't wait to try them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use your recipe so often, I almost have it memorized! Thank you for this delicious football season snack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was loving my instant pot, bragging to all about it. Making my dogs food was so easy! I put in the food and the water, pressed pressure cook and like magic it was just done when it beeped. Getting used to the pressurization wasn't hard at all. It wasn't really difficult to use.instapot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these and so do all my friends and family thank you for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!