Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Challenge YOUrself #20 -DOUBLE Challenge!!


Hi everyone!  It is time for the JULY Challenge over at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!!  This month we have a "DOUBLE" Challenge for YOUr Scrappy Pleasure!!  Not only is there an AWESOME Sketch, we are throwing a little spin on it, and adding another Challenge "Ingredient!"  We are asking you to incorporate 3 of the 4 colors shown next to the sketch.

Click HERE for full details, and see the sketch and the colors below. I really hope you will play along with us this month!! You could WIN a great Heidi Swapp PRIZE too!



and here is my Design Team Layout for your Inspiration!




I love the added color combo challenge! I happened to have purchased the perfect papers for it, just before we went away on vacation.  I think the "Indian" theme of the papers works great with the "Selfie" shots we took when visiting the Totem Poles while in Stanley Park, Vancouver, BC last month -don't you?!!

Here are a few close ups for you:

I used my new Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Stain "Fossilized Amber," on the wooden embellishments, to make them "pop" and to tie in with the "Yellow" color for the Challenge.

Keeping with the "feather" theme of this paperline - I used my  Spellbinders "Feathers" Die to cut out some feathers and added them with 3D Pop Dots, to add some dimension to the layout.

I punched holes in a journaling card, and tied some fibers through them - I think it added some fun texture.




It was our first time in Vancouver, and we were only there for a day before and a day after our Disney Wonder Alaska Cruise.  I have to say, the city was BEAUTIFUL, very very clean, and everyone was super friendly.

Items used:
Paper: Scrapbook Customs: Tribal Feathers and Grey Pattern / Stripes and Squared / Arrow and Blue Arrows / Lines and Grey Arrows
Black, Pink, Yellow and Blue Cardstock
Fibers from my Stash
Wood Veneer "Vacay" from Heidi Swapp
Black Marker
Ranger Distressed Stains:  Fossilized Amber / Peacock Feather / Hickory Smoke

Thanks for stopping by!  I would love to hear from you - and would love it even more if you played along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!

(((HUGS))) ~ Sherri


6 comments:

  1. Such an amazing and beautifully designed page, Sherri! I love your take on this month's Challenge YOUrself challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the feathers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE those feathers on this fabulous page!!! Amazing take on the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!